- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Chief of Dental Sleep Medicine and Attending Doctor at NY Methodist Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor / SUNY Downstate
- Brooklyn V.A. Hospital
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- NYS Dental Association
- Second District Dental Society
- International College of Dentists
- National Sleep Foundation
About Dr. Korngut
Dr. Korngut has a family oriented general dentistry practice since 1978 and began practicing Dental Sleep Medicine in 1999 in Brooklyn NY. He is one of the few dentists in the NYC area certified by the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine and is a member of the National Sleep Foundation. Dr. Korngut has lectured on dental sleep medicine at the Greater NY Dental Meeting, to various local dental study clubs, community groups, and hospital residencies.
Dr. Korngut graduated with Honors from NYU College of Dentistry in 1977 and completed a general dentistry residency from Long Island College Hospital. He was a volunteer doctor at Catholic Charities dental clinic for the developmentally disabled for 18 years. A few years ago Dr. Korngut was elected to the International College of Dentists because of his years of service to the community and to the dental profession.
Dr. Korngut was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY and continues to live there with his wife, Heidi, who is a life coach and social worker.